Friday, September 18, 2009

A Month into the Semester!

I cannot believe it is already a month into the semester. I knew time would fly by but these weeks went by in the blink of an eye. They keep us very busy here. I gave my first presentation in Graduate Seminar last week. I was so nervous but my partner and I did very well. We have some really difficult readings in Seminar, but they are helping me to think more critically about art. It is also helping me to be more comfortable when I have to discuss these things with my peers. That is something I have always struggled with. I get a little better each class. I know that this is one of the most valuable lessons I can learn.

Deadlines are something that are always on my mind. Everything has a deadline and some of them are very difficult to meet. Time management is one of the most important things, and I really depend on my planner to make sure I don't forget anything.

This coming week, we have visiting artist Christa Assad. It will be great to see her work. She will be in the studio for two days and on the second day she will meet with the graduate students to critique their work. It will be a wonderful opportunity to have another artist look at my pieces. It will really be a useful tool.

So as you can see there is a lot going on here in Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment